In Re Marriage of Cepukenas v. Cepukenus


221 Wis. 2d 166, 584 N.W.2d 227 (WI Ct. App., 1998)


Where divorce was in Virginia, mother and child now live in Wisconsin, father lives in Delaware, Wisconsin cannot modify child support under UIFSA based on payor’s request.  Wisconsin can modify under UIFSA only if either the parties file a written consent or the petitioner seeking modification is a nonresident, the respondent is subject to personal jurisdiction and no one lives in issuing state.

[ Full Opinion ]